The Project List

Check out the projects I'm working on: www.neronskiprojects.blogspot.com Go ahead take a peek, you know you want to...

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gray damp and lazy

Spent the day so far drifting around from room to room in my apartment, "doing things". Cleaning up a weeks worth of pencil shavings in the studio, three days or so of dishes (done in phases) in the kitchen, napped with the cats in the living room, listening to old episodes of This American Life. Feeling lazy. I have done a bit of work. Designed a Tee-shirt, made crapes and an eggbake-thing(it's tastie even if I don't know what to call it) and finished putting together my 4colour press with my new ratchet set. Now I just need to figure out how to get water to go down the drain in the sink my Hubby put in for me a week ago. But neither of us are plumbers and are unsure of how to solve this problem. I'm wary of using my claw-foot bath tub to make my screens since I don't know what the chemicals and inks would do to it.....

My submission for the Brattleboro Comix Lab(BCX) is yet to be finished. I really want to get it done on time, but I'm not sure if I will. This deadline sunk up on me, it's due this Saturday. eecck!
I love my idea and I want to do it right. Mayhap I'll do a shorter version, and revisit the idea when i have the luxury of time and space.

Started a birthday present for my Hubby, its a 48"x24" painting of a giant demon/ghost cat watching 3 other smaller kitty's dance a round a fire. It wont be done for his birthday(which is May 8th) but he doesn't care, he's just happy that I'm painting this for him.

I sometimes look at a drawing and remember or at lest have an impression of what I was listening to while I was drawing it(not so much paintings tho, I think its all the layers). So I am painting this one while listening only to Sherlock Homes stories. So far looking and the unfinished piece i can "see" the stories woven in to the paint. But the thing is far from done. But...when I'm finished will I look at the painting and think of dancing cats or Homes?


Well on that note. I think I shall leave the interewbs and paint a bit while I still have some natural light.


No comments:

Post a Comment